Big data has caused a number of challenges for all industries. As the world becomes increasingly reliant on technology, companies and their IT managers are expected to manage an exponential growth of data and the issues that come with it including compliance, security and constant monitoring.
January 28 marks the 13th Annual Data Privacy Day (DPD) in the U.S. While it’s an international movement, the National Cybersecurity Alliance (NCSA) began DPD in North America in 2008. Today, NCSA recognizes “champion” individuals and companies who are making strides to protect and safeguard data.
At Three Wire Systems, we’re proud to be recognized as a 2021 Data Privacy Day Champion.
In an effort to help the Department of Defense (DoD) and other federal organizations with data management, we partnered with Commvault®, the leading provider of data protection and information management software applications, to develop a unified data management system. This data management solution provides a unique method for storing, archiving, retrieving, protecting analyzing, transferring and marking data.
Digital data is often mixed and mis-labeled, leading to increased risk of information spills and improperly stored data. However, without addressing the human error in the process, no data management solution will be effective.
By combining expert-level integration, the proposed software technology will perform all the useful functions which include:
- Commvault Complete™ Backup & Recovery: Backup and recovery is a comprehensive solution designed to meet the needs of any sized organization. It covers workloads across all locations and environments such as cloud providers, physical servers, virtual machines and more. The Commvault Complete function has a disaster recovery program as well.
- Commvault HyperScale™ Technology: The HyperScale technology is designed to expand secondary storage with integrated data protection. The two available forms of this protection include a Commvault-branded integrated appliance or an alternative software solution.
- Commvault Orchestrate™: An automated service delivery technology that allows customers to extend the value of their data in secondary storage. Data within secondary storage can be used for activities like development testing. Manual operations can now be automated.
- Commvault Activate™: The Activate feature detects data risks and extracts data insights to drive file efficiencies, which creates more valuable data across the enterprise.
- A Commvault Venture - Hedvig®: The platform allows customers to customize their storage environment. It provides multi-protocol support to eliminate data fragmentation issues.
- A Commvault Venture - Metallic®: Metallic brings software-as-a-service ("SaaS") data protection to the market, delivering core technology through the cloud so companies are safe from deletion, corruption and attack.
Three Wire’s data management system delivers a well-rounded approach to protect, manage and access data. Manually storing data increases the likeliness of misplacement and creates a more labor-intense process.
As an integrated data protection platform, Commvault provides customers with reduced operating costs through a more efficient use of storage infrastructure assets.
To learn more about the core capabilities of Three Wire and Commvault’s data management software, get started here.